The CIC main goal is to obtain a comprehensive view of the tumorigenic process at the basic, translational, and clinical level and to translate rapidly the acquired knowledge from the bench to the bedside. In addition, it aims at providing high education training for scientists and clinicians through the organization of graduate courses, masters and workshops on cancer-related topics.
To achieve those goals, the CIC is composed of basic, translational and clinical-related laboratories whose research projects are oriented towards the elucidation of different aspects of the cancer cell.
Our work on the MetaFight projects has the following goals:
- To investigate the role of Vav family oncoproteins on breast cancer metastasis.
- To collaborate with the other Consortium partners in the identification of new molecules and routes involved in the metastasis of breast cancer and melanoma.
- To generate tissue arrays to characterize the expression pattern, subcellular localization, and subtissular distribution of candidate genes and proteins involved in breast cancer metastasis.
- To assign potential biomarker status to metastasis-related genes in breast cancer.
To participate in the dissemination, innovation and knowledge activities of our research Consoritum aimed at scientists and non-specialized people.
List of persons involved in MetaFight
- Dr. Xosé Bustelo - MetaFight Principal Investigator (see CV)