The University of Torino is one of the leading public Universities in Italy. The Medical School and the School of Biotechnology (MBC) have an international reputation for research and teaching. Many groups in these institutions works on projects related to the human health.
Research in MBC includes Functional genomics, Cell and Molecular Biology, Cellular and Molecular Physiopathology, Development, Advanced Imaging, Immunology and Bioinformatics. Our department's main research lines include Tumour Biology, Cardiovascular Biology, Inflammatory Response, Central Nervous System Biology, Stem Cells, Mouse and Zebrafish Development, Immune System in Cancer and Diagnostic Molecular Imaging.
P. Defilippi’s lab investigates signalling originating from adhesive receptors in breast cancer tumour cells and metastasis.
Our involvement in the Metafight project includes
1) To coordinate the Metafight Project
2) To generate transgenic mouse models for in vivo imaging in breast cancer cells
3) To investigate the role of the adaptor proteins p130Cas and p140Cap in the Core Invasive Machinery in breast cancer metastasis.
4) To identify new signalling pathways molecules involved in the metastasis of breast cancer.
5) To produce an adenovirus associated system for local delivery of novel therapeutic molecules in metastasis.
6) To participate in the dissemination, innovation and knowledge activities of our research Consortium aimed at scientists and non-specialized people.